Here at Mopit, we continually innovate and create, always looking for ways to improve. On this week's Mopit Minute, we would like to go over a few tips and tricks for charging the Mopit machines. Click here to see the full video.
As the onboard charger is automatic, we recommend that you plug the Mopit in to charge after each use and leave it plugged in whenever it is not in use. The charging indicator light shows red when charging and green when fully charged. The majority of battery issues can be avoided if the machine is properly plugged in to charge after each use.
On occasion, a depleted Mopit battery will not properly accept a charge, as indicated by the light immediately showing green when you first plug it in or no light at all. If the indicator light immediately shows green when you first plug in the machine, here are the steps to take to remedy that issue:
- Unplug the machine and make sure all of the switches are turned off. A depleted Mopit battery will not charge if one of the switches is left on. Once turning off all the switches, plug the machine back in to charge and the light should go red.
- If the light stays green, follow the steps in the following video to reset the battery and charging system: Mopit Electrical Troubleshooting Video. Be sure to plug the machine back in to charge after the reset and the light should go red.
If the charger does not show an indicator light when you plug in the machine, here are the steps to follow:
- Try plugging the machine into a different outlet. You would be surprised at how many dead outlets can exist in a facility.
- Inspect the power cord for damage and replace if needed.
- Double check to make sure the power cord is properly connected to the charger box and all electrical connects are properly secured. Click here for a tutorial video.
- While uncommon, the indicator lights can eventually burn out. The fix here would be to replace the charger pack.
As always, if you ever have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our customer service department by calling the 800-290-2833 number listed right on the dash plate of each Mopit machine.